Based in New York, New York
30 October, 2015
Albert & Otto is a story about a boy and his magical bunny who journey together trying to save a lost loved one. They must work together to overcome the challenges and puzzles thrown their way. Essentially a cinematic 2D puzzle platformer with action elements the player is required use both Albert and Otto in creative ways to solve the challenges. At first Otto can fit through tight gaps, hold down pressure plates and power switches and Albert can shoot and jump while some skills such as the double jump are only available when Otto is in Albert’s bag. As the game progresses the player will unlock new skills such as Levitation and controlling electrical currents. Although Albert & Otto at first seems like a journey to save the damsel in distress, it is anything but and we soon learn that our hero Albert might just be hiding something from us, or rather, himself.
Albert & Otto is a story that Nik been wanting to tell for some time now, as a filmmaker and designer he have always wanted to combine storytelling and design into an interactive format, his love of video games and the impact they had on his life growing up inspired him to create games of his own and tell his stories through this powerful and unique medium.
- Unique mechanic utilizing a little bunny which the player can carry around or leave and/or remotely control in order to solve puzzles
- A story that is inspired by dark events buried in our history and isn't spoon fed to the player but spans across 3 episodes and is told through a child's drawings and clues scattered throughout the game that force the player to think outside the box.
- Levitate sheep, use them as platforms to swim on, a torch to light a dark cave or as a distraction for wolves while you make a quick escape. (if your stomach can handle it)
- 2.5 - 3 hours of unique puzzles that utilize a bunny, levitation, electrical switches, wolves, piranhas and more.
- Experience a mix of slow paced thought provoking puzzle design and fast unforgiving gauntlet sections.
- Come face to face with intimidating larger than life mechanical monsters and outsmart them.
Launch Trailer YouTube
Gameplay Video YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Awards coming soon :)"
- " I was stumped on more than one occasion during the 20-minute demo I played, and while the answer wasn’t always obvious, it was always very satisfying when you figured it out. "
- Aaron Morales, Entertainment Weekly
- "This is easily one of the best games I played at PAX and I cannot wait for this game to be released."
- Eric Chetkauskas, Operation Rainfall
- "Albert and Otto is a beautifully sinister puzzle platformer that’s destined for great things."
- Calum Fraser, Alpha Beta Gamer
- "I absolutely love it when all you do is see a game, and know you have to play it."
- Jacob Wood, Indie Hangover
Request Press Copy
We are afraid this developer has not upgraded their presskit() to use distribute(). For security purposes, this form has been disabled.
About Kbros Games
KBROS is an independent video game development studio located in Manhattan, New York.
More information on Kbros Games, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Albert and Otto Credits
Game Designer, Kbros Inc